what are splat points at orangetheory fitness
Splat what are splat points at orangetheory fitness points (SP) are performance markers that indicate when a person has reached their maximal potential for that activity. SPs are determined by analyzing data from a person’s past performances, and then adjusting the intensity of the activity to achieve maximal results.
1)What are Splat Points?
In Orangetheory fitness, “splat points” are a measure of the amount of intensity you put into your workout. The more effort you put in, the more splat points you’ll earn. These points are tracked via a heart rate monitor and are used to help you gauge your level of intensity. The goal is to reach at least 12 splat points in a single workout, which Orangetheory says is the amount of time it takes to reach the “Orange Zone.” This is the zone where your body is said to be burning the most calories.
2)What is the Purpose of Splat Points?
What are splat points?
At Orangetheory Fitness, every class is based on a 60-minute workout. Within that workout, we have a certain amount of time dedicated to what we call the “splat point.” The splat point is the amount of time spent in the Orange Zone, which is 84% or higher of your maximum heart rate.
Why are they important?
The Orange Zone is the key to Orangetheory Fitness. That’s because it’s during this time that your body is burning the most calories. In fact, you can burn up to 500 calories in just one class!
How are they calculated?
Your maximum heart rate is determined by your age. For example, if you’re 30 years old, your maximum heart rate would be 190 beats per minute (bpm). To calculate your splat point, you would take 84% of that number, which would be 159 bpm.
What is the goal?
The goal is to get to your splat point and stay there for at least 12 minutes. That’s because it’s been proven that you can continue to burn calories for up to 36 hours after you leave the gym!
So, if you’re looking to burn some serious calories, reach your splat point in class and stay there for as long as you can. Your body will thank you for it!
3)How to Achieve Splat Points?
Have you ever wondered how to get those coveted Splat points at Orangetheory Fitness? If you’re new to the program, Splat points are essentially a measure of the intensity of your workout. The more Splat points you have, the more calories you’ve burned. And who doesn’t want to burn more calories, right?
There are a few things you can do to up your Splat point game. First, make sure you’re working hard enough. If you’re not pushing yourself, you’re not going to see results. Second, focus on exercises that are going to give you the most bang for your buck. Third, use the heart rate monitor to your advantage.
Here are a few more tips:
1. Make sure you’re in the right heart rate zone. To get the most Splat points, you need to be in the Orange Zone, which is 84-91% of your max heart rate.
2. Focus on compound movements. These are exercises that work multiple muscle groups at the same time. Think squats, lunges, and push-ups.
3. Use the rower. This is a great piece of equipment for getting your heart rate up and burning calories.
4. Get in a few sprints. Whether you’re on the treadmill or the bike, up the intensity for a minute or two and really get your heart pumping.
5. Take advantage of the post-workout boost. After your workout, your body is still burning calories. So make sure you refuel with a healthy snack or meal to help your body recover.
By following these tips, you’ll be on your way to earning those coveted Splat points in no time!
4)Benefits of Achieving Splat Points
For Orangetheory fitness members, “splat points” are a key metric to track during workouts. Here are four benefits of achieving high splat points during workouts:
1. Improved cardiovascular health – Achieving a high number of splat points during workouts indicates that you are working at a high level of intensity. This intensity level is beneficial for improving cardiovascular health.
2. Increased calorie burn – Not only do you burn calories while you are working out, but you also continue to burn calories after your workout is done. This is often referred to as the “afterburn effect.” Achieving a high number of splat points means you are getting the most out of your workouts in terms of calorie burn.
3. Greater motivation – When you can see your progress in terms of splat points, it can be a great motivator to keep pushing yourself during workouts. It can be very satisfying to see your splat points go up over time as you get stronger and more fit.
4. Better results – ultimately, achieving high splat points leads to better results. You’ll see more progress in your fitness level and overall health.
So, next time you’re in an Orangetheory class, push yourself to get as many splat points as you can!